The Kairos Course is a nine-session, interactive course on world Christian mission, designed to educate, inspire and challenge Christians to active and meaningful participation. It is ideally suited to be conducted in local churches, organizations or with special interest groups such as Christian businesspeople.
The Kairos Course utilizes a variety of adult learning styles including group discussions, short lecture introduction, devotions, video teaching and student participation in specially designed activities.
Kairos looks at the four main areas of mission concern which are the Biblical, Historical, Strategic and Cultural dimensions of mission
The Kairos Course can be conducted using a number of different formats that best suits the situation or the people taking the course. Common formats are as follows:
- One evening per week, over nine weeks – this requires approximately 2½ hours of classroom time each meeting.
- Two evenings per week for 4½ weeks.
- Three weekends or four Saturdays.
- A one week full-time intensive course.
Other formats can be considered but must first be cleared by the Course Director.
Kairos looks at the four essential areas of mission concern.
- God, His Mission and His World
- Israel, the Covenant People
- The Messiah, the Message and the Messenger
- Expansion of the World Christian Movement
- Mission Strategy
- The Task Remaining
- Cross-Cultural Considerations
- World Christian Teamwork